How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Mackenzie Your Own Question
Jenny Mackenzie
Jenny Mackenzie,
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 6307
Experience:  Over 10 years experience in general legal matters
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Jenny Mackenzie is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Just briefly our wedding photographer was less than

Customer Question

Hi, Just briefly our wedding photographer was less than impressive. we specifically asked for family and friend shots pre/post ceremony with special mention of our two boys aged 2.5 and 7months. We have none of this. The photographer left less than 2hrs after the ceremony as he had a sick child needing to go to the hospital (I couldn't really say no you can't leave ). The images he finally sent us have his logo boldly printed on them. I asked as a goodwill gesture if he would remove the logo, considering he left early. He said no, and he left early as nothing was happening for him to photograph. What recourse do we have? I can't tell you how disappointed we are with his service.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jenny Mackenzie replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Have you paid him for this service? Did you have anything in wriing to set out your expectations?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we paid him £299, this was a special deal he was having at the time. This included 30 prints and a cd. We have email conversations detailing our needs.
Expert:  Jenny Mackenzie replied 1 year ago.

So are you saying that there are no photos of your 2 boys ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there are a couple of photos of the four of us standing on a bridge . after this images was taken the photographer told my mum to take away the boys as he didn't like photographing children as its too hard!
Expert:  Jenny Mackenzie replied 1 year ago.

Ok thanks, ***** ***** shame you have had this experience.

Under the Supply of Goods and Services Act you have the right to a reasonable service. If you have specified and agreed that you require certain things and he has failed to do so then he is also in breach of contract.

I would suggest you send him a letter before action setting out that he is in breach of the Act and in breach of contract and ask him to refund your money. You should state that if he does not then you will lodge a claim in the county court. You can do so online at

He may make an offer to refund a portion of the money on the basis that the photos you have received have some value. If he makes a sensible offer then you should consider accepting it.

If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we don't have any images of the fun things that were friend took over from the barman, prior to the ceremony my husband was handing out margaritas, post ceremony both of us were serving our guests drinks, my aunt removed my veil in the garden ( friends have lovely photos of this) , I held my close friends new born, I was playing in the garden with my 2.5yr old with hubby looking on...
Expert:  Jenny Mackenzie replied 1 year ago.

This is why I suggest you threaten to take him to court if he does not refund your money. It is unlikely you will be able to sue him for more than that as compensation in the UK is limited to financial loss. I really do feel for you. Being upset about wedding photos is the last thing you want.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have asked him for a refund due to breach of contract. he told us the best he can offer is to remove his logo from 5 of the images and he would send us a link to download these images.
Expert:  Jenny Mackenzie replied 1 year ago.

Well then the only option is to bring the claim at

Good luck with this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jenny Mackenzie replied 1 year ago.

No problem please do remember to rate my answer before you leave the site and all the best for this.