How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 70209
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** *****,
I want to take the police to

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****,
I want to take the police to court
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my ex partner assaulted me several times once with a weapon that she has admitted to
she has also tried to black mail me telling me to pay her money or she makes up some stuff to the police
she has also stolen my passport
well i didn't pay and she made up some stuff to the police i have proof of the assaults and the blackmail and theft and the police point blank refuse to do anything about it
can i take the police to court?
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $45) to post your type of question to UK Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. What is the basis for your claim against the police?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My basis is that they refuse to do anything about domestic violence against me but they bend over backwards when my ex makes up something I have easily proven to be wrong
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

You need to think very carefully before pursuing this and I wouldn't advice it.

If they are refusing to investigate then you can always complain to the iPCC. I would not suggest it. They will have an explanation for this which will probably be accepted by the IPCC and they do sometimes take revenge upon people who complain.

However, if you are intent that is an option open to you. There are human rights authorities that force them to consider every complaint. They don't go as far as forcing a full scale investigation though and you should be aware of that.

Sorry but I can only give you truthful information.

Can I clarify anything for you?