How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 34272
Experience:  family solictor with 25 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

As executor of the estate, I have forgotten to file a

Customer Question

As executor of the estate, I have forgotten to file a variation of deeds to my late fathers house (probate was completed) more than two years ago. How do I correct the omission? What forms do I need to send to UK inland revenue / Land Registry?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.


Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

Who actually inherited the house?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Mother (50%), my brother & myself (50%).
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.

Then all you need to do is complete the AS1 as Executor and Register the change of Ownership at the Land Registry using an AP1.

The delay will not cause any problem

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
please. Where do I get the forms thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.