Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I suffered a knee injury when o was in the army 1981 - 1988

Customer Question

I suffered a knee injury when o was in the army 1981 - 1988 due to the boots they provided. I have had 2 knee operations due to this one in 2000 & another in 2010. My knee is in constant pain and I am told I will have to have a knee replacement at some stage due to this. I am 53, do I have a case?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. The issue you will have here is that any claim for personal injury would have t be brought in within 3 years of the date the injury was suffered. If this was something which only became obvious with time, then it would be from the point of diagnosis. If you have had operations as far back as 2000 then any diagnosis would have been made then and at best it is when the time limit would have started to run from. As you can see, you are way beyond the 3-year limit within which you must have submitted a claim so even if there is fault the part of the Army, you are legally out of time to make a claim. There is nothing stopping you from approaching them and stating your case, asking for compensation but if they refuse, then you are stuck as you cannot legally make a claim against them at this stage.

I'm sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you were hoping for, however I do have a duty to be honest and explain the law as it actually stands. This does mean delivering bad news from time to time. I hope you understand and would be happy to provide any further clarification if needed. If you are still satisfied with the level of service you have received I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? If your query has been dealt with please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. If you need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you.