Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

If deported with the government paying the flight 15 years

Customer Question

If deported with the government paying the flight 15 years ago. Is the deportee allowed back in the uk
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Where is the deportee coming from and on what basis does s/he want to enter the UK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The deportee is coming from Guyana (South America) and on a 6 month family visitor visa
The visa was denied stating she had overstayed and was therefore deported and that her flight was paid
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the additional information. There is no automatic right to enter the UK as you know and the immigration service will consider a number of factors including the applicants previous history even though it might have been many years ago. To help me understand the situation a little better perhaps you could tell me why the person overstayed last time and who she wishes to visit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alice, she came on holiday but was afraid to go back as she was in an abbusive relationship. She decided to stay with her sister as felt safer in the uk
She would like to visit her daughter and her granddaughter