UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Law

Have been sent several aggressive emails & text from same

Customer Question
person. Latest email email ended...
Have been sent several aggressive emails & text from same person. Latest email email ended with "if you choose to ignore, please note i will bring hell to your door by all means possible"
Should I seek injuction ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Law
9/27/2015
Solicitor: Alice H, Solicitor/Partner replied 2 years ago
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner

My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Who is sending these messages?

I am a specialist nurse working as an independent practitioner in weight loss surgery. This man is trying to have replacement surgery, at no cost, as it is thought his gastric band my be leaking. I have explained that as a nurse I am not able to advise re further surgery or type of surgery and referred him to a surgeon (who has since stopped private practice) and he now has an NHS appointment organised.
He continues to email me, leave aggressive voicemails and in reply to a measured letter (sent by post and copy by email) he replied by an aggressive, threatening email which I could, again ignore however, I am left feeling shaken and harassed as there seems to be no ending to his persute. I have logged everyipthing, transcribed voicemails, kept text messages. I will be ringing my professional body on Monday but I really just want him to stop, to leave me alone and not call me at 7:30pm or 08:15 on a Saturday leaving message or 'sounding off'.
I am also worried about his mental state. At present seems paranoid and accusative but it feels scary in as much as he could easily 'turn' and the. I am even more fearful.
He is a 6'5" Canadian weighing iro 400 lbs.
He is angry, frightened and frustrated I suspect and seems to be targeting only me to sort everything out - which I obviously am unable to do

This behaviour amounts to several criminal offences: harassment and making malicious calls are two which come immediately to mind. You can apply for an injunction but it may take several days and payment of lawyers fees to get this off the ground. I suggest that a far simpler solution is that you report this behaviour immediately to the police - they can warn him and keep a record or arrest him. The police can make arrangements for a restraining order through the Magistrates Court or impose bail conditions if he is charged. Eitherway I don't think you should take any risks with your safety and should contact the police immediately for help.

Thanks for your help. I am away from home until tomorrow (thankfully) and will speak to the police then. I hope they are able to warn him off. Can I come back to you if they aren't helpful?

Yes of course. I am usually available until 22.00 weekdays and weekends.

Alice H
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner