How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Two years ago I was dismissed by my employer after about a

Customer Question

Two years ago I was dismissed by my employer after about a year and a half of suffering mental health issues. I was in employment with this company for about five years. Whilst working in that time I had a senior supervisor exposed himself to me and another member of staff expose themselves and rub their genitals against me. These two incidents were witnessed by other members of staff. There seem to be a general consensus when I discussed this my supervisor and other members of staff and the company nurse that this was horseplay. I was always honest and open about my mental health condition but feel this was seen as amusing to others.
Since I left the company I was admitted into alcohol rehab and spent the last year and a half having therapy (transactional analysis) and generally sorting out my mental health issues. There is more to this than what I've written but the question I really want to ask can I proceed now in reporting the two sexual incidents that happend.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What I mean about reporting the incidents is to the police. And would they follow up after such a long time frame. I have a date and time for the first instance. But not the second the second.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.

Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.

The two incidents that you mention are both criminal offences and as such they would be investigated by the police. The passing of two years is not a problem - rubbing genitals against you is sexual assault and there is no time limit for prosecuting this offence. It also goes in your favour that you reported the matter at the time so there should be some evidence corroborating your complaint plus the fact that you were unwell following the incident is evidence of how badly you were affected.