How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 32990
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband has agreed that on the sale of one of s

Customer Question

My husband has agreed that on the sale of one of his properties to his parents, the proceeds after paying off the mortgage will go into our joint bank account. How can I ensure that this happens?. Can I register an interest in the property with the Land Registry and how would I do this?. [This property is not and has never been the matrimonial home]
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

The best way to do this would be for you to have a charge put on to the property setting out what is yours. This will be clear and certain. A conveyancing solicitor would be able to easily enough draw this up for you to protect your interest. Happy to discuss. Please rate

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

I hope that this helps- please rate positive