How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 70289
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 17 year old daughter wants to drop her 22 year old

Customer Question

My 17 year old daughter wants to drop her 22 year old boyfriends criminal charges for stalking her. It's been to court and he has pleaded guilty. How will this effect her after going through the courts, and only being 17?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

If he has pleaded guilty then I'm afraid it cannot be dropped. There is a guilty plea. There is no way around it.

They would have summonsed her anyway I'm afraid. Ultimately that can only be avoided now by not making reports to the police.

Also, there is always the risk of a wasting police time fine. She would have to make a very large number of allegations before it reached that stage but it is classic wasting police time. He will probably be placed upon a restraining order not to contact her I'm afraid. She can tell the Crown she doesn't want a restraining order as she now wants him back but obviously that might not meet with approval I'm afraid. Sorry if that is bad news. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo