Buachaill
Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

There are two dependents eligable to claim under the

Customer Question

There are two dependents eligable to claim under the inheritance act. One has put in a claim however the other is unable to afford to put in a claim as no longer supported by deceased and struggling financially. What can she do?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. I would advise the financially destitute dependent to initiate legal proceedings herself seeking money, provided she is within the six month time limit. This avoids the need to pay a lawyer to take the case. She can copy the legal proceedings already lodged and make her own claim.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, forgive me but I've not used this site before. Unfortunately the situation was much further along than a simple claim within the first 6 months and further details of this was given in the "Steps taken so far" part of the original question submission. Unfortunately, your answer was not useful at the stage I was at of the proceedings and now the proceedings are over. I don't wish to pay as the answer you gave me was irrelevant, however I don't wish to damage your start rating. How do I proceed with that using this website? Many thanks, Ashley
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. You can seek a refund of your money from the website administrator. Or you can ask another question. Or you can Rate the answer positively, but that means you get no refund. Those are the 3 options. However, just don't rate the answer negatively as that impacts adversely upon ratings.