How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 34233
Experience:  family solictor with 25 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am now on a free trial with you days.. urgent requirement

Customer Question

I am now on a free trial with you for 7 days.. urgent requirement .. my ex is trying to make me sell our house I don't want to as it's an investment to my 9 year old son. She says her solicitor can make me sell she wants to do this private ie sell it cheaper
in order to get rid of it.. I told her no. We bought the house in 2005 for 73000. It's valued at around 80000. We owe 76000 to date .. can I be forced to sell it .. I don't have money to buy her out and she wants 5000 for me to do that.. my son is shared but
does stay with me a lot ..
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.


Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

Are you able to get her released from the mortgage?


Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not unless I give her 5000 pnds
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Very stubborn she won't budge from what she wants
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.

I am not asking about what she wants - I need to know if your mortgage company would release her if need be