How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 32991
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I completed a kitchen fit

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear sirsI completed a kitchen fit for customer in limited company name, I didn't get my balance so completed money claims online formUnfortunately I completed it in my personal name not that of the limited companyOriginal contract was £8950, customer paid £5000 in total.Customer counter claimed me using solicitor saying that wasn't happy with kitchen and that damage to existing appliances had been made.District judge awarded them £14000 which was for an over inflated quote they had received, the original price was only £8950 and costs of £9000Personally I have no funds and want to Appel the decision.I applied at time to set aside however judge wouldn't listen as I had filled forms incorrect so didn't take me seriously as litigant in person.Personally I didn't cry out the transaction nor did I fit the kitchen and as well they have been awarded £14000 more than the original price.I don't no where to turn for help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

I really think that you are going to struggle with this one I am afraid. The key point and I am sure that this will not be missed by you is that in any subsequent proceedings the judge is going to believe that you are simply trying to pass the debt on to the company. The difficulty is that you issued in your own name.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But all the cheques, invoices and every document was completed in the company name and a separate sole trader fitted it
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

But presumably you showed this too the judge

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No he wouldn't look at it as said application to set aside wasn't filled in correctly. I had sent it three times of which lost each time them I hand delivere it. The judge didn't even no on the day he was meant to be looking at the set aside amd dismissed ,y comments as I was against a lawyer
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

If you decided to appeal that decision it would go to a circuit judge who would look at the case afresh. You would be able to rely on the cheques, invoices and other documents. The risk would be that if you lose then you would be liable for the costs of the appeal.

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

I am not trying to put you off - its just that you should be aware of the risks. Clearly from what you are saying you have an argument. I still think that you may well be handicapped by your earlier mistake. Please remember to rate positively

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Please remember to rate positive