How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 34282
Experience:  family solictor with 25 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The father of my three children has had no contact with them

Customer Question

The father of my three children has had no contact with them for 6 years due to Domestic Violence. His mother (my children's grandmother) has recently got back in touch with myself and the children and has said when she dies she will be leaving her estate to her son, my children's father. When she dies will my children have any right to claim some of her estate around �200,000? As I know their father will most likely spend all of it swiftly.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.


Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

Does his mother currently provide the children with any financial support?


Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No she doesn't provide my children with any financial support, neither does their father provide any financial support to them.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.


Then I am afraid that there is no claim that your children can make on the estate when their Grandmother dies

I am sorry to give such bad news please ask if you need further details