How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 32986
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a claimant in a case debt. I have received "Directions

Customer Question

Hi . I am a claimant in a case for unpaid debt. I have received "Directions Questionnaire" and need advice to complete this document.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Ok - what is your question? What is the value of the claim?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thomas.
The claim is circa. £20k - apologies for late reply.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Ok that is very helpful - what bits are you struggling with? I would presume that the defendant has filed a defence and the court is now seeking direction for the process of the case.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have received a Notice of Proposed allocation to the Fast Track.
I have to send in my proposal for directions
Does this need to be on formal court paper or not ?
I cannot seem to locate the formal court document on the internet ?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Your draft directions will normally go on a piece of paper (A4 is fine) attached to the questionnaire. Normal directions will be for the exchange of documents and filing and serving of witness statements; unless there is something more complicated in your claim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks Thomas.
The defence is without any substantiation whatsoever and so there is need to request any points the defendant wishes to rely upon so that we can investigate the gap in opinions.
I will draft and get back to you in the morning to see if you approve please.
If we need to pass more funds just let me know and we can sort that without issue.
Speak later
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

That should be fine. Remember it is not for you to make the defendant's case for them.