How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 70180
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just spent 5 and a half months in elmley awaiting trial. I

Customer Question

I just spent 5 and a half months in elmley awaiting trial. I was accused of trafficing 11 kilos of cocain from france to england. I was found not guilty! Can i get comfensation for time served and how much will i get? I am dutch and i live in the netherlands.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No, I am sorry

Compensation is not available essentially because a person is acquitted at trial

CPS are not liable for their prosecutorial decisions.

Witnesses can be sued in defamation but usually this type of thing rests upon officials who cannot be accused of defamation generally.

I am very sorry but compensation is not available in these circumstances.

Can I clarify anything for you?