Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

Ive been given a restraining order not to contact my ex and

Customer Question

Hi ive been given a restraining order not to contact my ex and his partner who was previously my business partner (texts about business after break up that erred on personal - just too many of them!) s2 not to contact given. My daughter is moving near him and he has brought a variation order to include an exclusion zone and the wording of a non mol order which I find bizzare! However, judge advised before we went in that he would grant it so I was left with no option but to agree or seem unreasonable, is there a way to appeal to another judge?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.

If it was a consent order then you agreed to the order and these are extremely difficult to appeal. The reason for this is that you agreed to the order at the time. That said if you think that the court at the time exerted unnecessary pressure on you and this impinged upon your Art 6 rights then you can apply to appeal the decision. There may be costs consequences if you fail in your appeal application. Happy to discuss. Please rate positively.