How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 33008
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a court family court hearing in a month ex partner to

Customer Question

I have a court family court hearing in a month for my ex partner to gain access to our son. There was domestic violence, drugs and drinking all on his side & I have been left with severe anxiety. I am able to postpone the court date to give me some time to get myself prepared for it as I feel with how in depth the case is it won't give me time to prepare for it
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.

You can apply to the court for permission to adjourn the hearing. However the court may want to know why you have not organised all of this previously or indeed why cafcass have not prepared a report. Can you advise what type of hearing it is and what have cafcass done?