How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 70188
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I get bail conditions dropped partner. We had a argument

Customer Question

Can I get bail conditions dropped for my partner.
We had a argument where the police were called.i hugely regret this!
I have since asked to withdraw my statement and support but i want to be able to see my partner.
I'm nearly 6 months pregnant and being separated is causing me major issues I need to know if there any way to get them dropped. I'm desperate!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, what are these conditions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not to contact or see me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The court date is not till November and I want to know if I can get them dropped before.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay. Have you done this before?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No never
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What did you allege this time?

Just to be clear, you have never called the police to a personal dispute ever?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was for assault on me but I wasn't the one that called and haven't called them before. I gave a statement before and asked for it to be retracted because I changed my mind when things had calmed down. Is there anything I can do?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, but it is not likely to succeed.

He can make an application to vary his conditions of bail and you can give evidence in support of that. Realistically it is not likely to succeed but you may as well try.

If the neighbours stick their noses into your personal disputes again then just refuse to make a statement. Nobody can make you. Without that nobody can be prosecuted.

Ultimately they will have to throw their hand in. Even if they summons you, if you just don't attend court then it will all disappear.

Can I clarify anything for you?