How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 32980
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a landlord informs a tenant they are rewiring the very

Customer Question

If a landlord informs a tenant they are rewiring the very small tenanted property without decanting tenant and possessions; expecting the tenant and possessions to remain on site for 5 working days, who is responsible for breakages, damage or theft of goods? Taking into consideration the fact that the tenants possessions will not be covered by their own domestic insurance, because workmen have been engaged by the landlord to carry out the specified work. Should the landlord accept liability or the contractor? I rent from a local housing association. North Devon Homes who recently acquired Charitable Status.
My phone number is ***** 549513 Mrs. Rose Bowie
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't want to add more. I just need an answer to a specific question and only this question. I do not want to sign up to you for an indefinite period of time. I am a senior citizen and £33.00 should sufice for one question. Rose Bowie.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Dear Rose,

The landlord should be responsible for any losses suffered as a result of any breakages, damages or theft. They should either have insurance in place to cover same or have entered an agreement with the contractors to cover these issues. I hope this helps - please can you rate positively - thanks

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Dear Rose,

There will not be an extra charge but can you please rate positively - thanks