How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Litigator
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 3653
Experience:  LLB, LPC, DELF
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sonis currently a goalkeeper in the United States,

Customer Question

My sonis currently a goalkeeper in the United States, playing for a Division 1 college program. he is a two year starter and has played every mintue the last two years. He also has played in World Cup, and Olympic Qualifiers for Puerto Rico.
He meets the 75% match rule, and Puerto Rico is currently ranked 150 FIFA.
A Scottish Premier League team has approached us and wants to sign him. He was born in the United States.
Is this an uphill battle for him?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you - for a Sports Person there is an "Exceptional Talent" Visa that can be applied for - - please see this link for further information. It would be up to the club concerned to endorse this and plead his case to the UK Border Agency to confirm his status as a sports person with Exceptional Talent. I would not say it is an uphill battle, but it is slightly less straight forward, it is not unheard of either and their are currently numerous players in Scotland and England who have qualified for this type of Visa. I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards AJ