How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Litigator
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 3653
Experience:  LLB, LPC, DELF
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a trustee of a very small charity. The chairman has

Customer Question

I am a trustee of a very small charity. The chairman has suggested that we should appoint a new trustee who resides in the USA and would very rarely be able to attend meeting in person. Would this be legal ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. There is no issue legally with a trustee being resident in another country. You would just need to make sure that the articles of association of charity (or constitution) allow you to conduct meetings and voting electronically or using modern communication. Can I assist you any further? kind regards AJ