How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 32980
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My main residential property has had two separate sewage

Customer Question

My main residential property has had two separate sewage floods in the past 10 months.
Thames Water is the service provider. The first flood was caused by a blockage along from my property of the main sewage / storm drain (combined). I claimed through my insurance and after 6 months was back in the house. Thames Water advised they would not take responsibility, they did however undertake 3 deel cleans of the garden to remove all the sewage waste. Yesterday after the severe rain the same situation arose, house flood and 3 hours of sewage running through my garden, today they claim 'not their issue' we will need to clean the garden patio of sewage.
I want to take this further as I fail to see how it is my issue, I want again to request a once way valve to prevent further floods. How best should I start my claim? and fight for a non return valve?
Thanks in advance.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

If you want t bring a claim then you are going to have to find an expert (a drainage specialist) who can confirm in writing that they are liable for the incident and as such your damages. It is very important to find such an expert and get a written report before advancing with such a claim. Then depending upon the level of losses you can bring a claim in the county court. I would also formally write to them setting out how and why you consider that they are liable. Happy to discuss. Please rate positively - thanks