How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 70180
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm seeking advice how to get the money deposit, as I feel

Customer Question

I'm seeking advice how to get the money for my deposit, as I feel that my landlord didn't treat me fair. First thing, early termination. I agreed to pay 200pounds for an early termination, but then my circumstances changed and I let my landlord relatevily early that I do not want to break the contract and want to stay till the end (October). I got an email back that it's ok if I pay the rent arrears, which I did. Then I lost my job and contacted the landlord explaining that I will not be ale to pay rent for the next month, I let him know aboout this fact a month earlier, and that I applied for a Housing Benefit and if we can arrange some agreement and if he could wait a few weeks to be paid back. The landlord offered me to move to a cheaper place, so that the balance for July's arrears would clear.Before I moved in to a new house (his own) and told that I wouldn't like to sign a new 6 months contract, just stay till the end of my current, I was told it's ok as this house is much more f
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

How can I help with this please?