How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 10585
Experience:  LLB (HONS) Over 23 years legal experience specialising in Property law and Wills/Estates
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother has passed away recently, and my younger brother

Customer Question

My mother has passed away recently, and my younger brother and sister are dealing with the affairs, including 'probate' to sell her house. I am told there was a will, but how can I find out if I was mentioned in the will without knowing which solicitor dealt with it and preferably without my brother and sister knowing?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
oh, I just realised I have asked this on the US version of justanswer and I should have used the UK version
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
Once Probate has been granted, the Will becomes a public document, so you will be able to apply for a copy for a nominal fee at Leeds Probate Registry.
I set out the link for you to do a postal search, so if Probate has not been granted yet, you will be notified once it has been granted.
(sorry- you will need to copy and paste the above link)
I hope this helps you and sets out the legal position.
Kind Regards