How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9147
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husbands father died leaving s will to be executed by my

Customer Question

My husbands father died leaving his will to be executed by my husbands eldest brother. His instruction was to give the executor/eldest the power to handle the estate in the way he deemed appropriate. In effect this means that my husband cannot access his
inheritance without having to justify to his elder, and their relationship is difficult in these areas. What recourse does my husband have in law (United Kingdom) ? We have read that a will is not contest able if not contested in the first 6 months, however
the executor/brother did not provide it and we were not and still are not living in the UK.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question
My name is Clare
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further details
When did his father die and what was the precise wording of the gifts?