Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My husbands father died leaving s will to be executed by my

Customer Question

My husbands father died leaving his will to be executed by my husbands eldest brother. His instruction was to give the executor/eldest the power to handle the estate in the way he deemed appropriate. In effect this means that my husband cannot access his
inheritance without having to justify to his elder, and their relationship is difficult in these areas. What recourse does my husband have in law (United Kingdom) ? We have read that a will is not contest able if not contested in the first 6 months, however
the executor/brother did not provide it and we were not and still are not living in the UK.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question
My name is Clare
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further details
When did his father die and what was the precise wording of the gifts?
Clare