How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 32990
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to challenge my ex wifes right to legal aid,

Customer Question

I would like to challenge my ex wifes right to legal aid, she has no income but is claiming that I had physically abused her, the day in question I had called the police to the house because my son who was 7 said she had slapped his face, I was interviewed by the police at home and they never spoke to me after, the report from the police to the child protection conference was that the risk within the family or something was normal, who do I write to and what information from me do they want
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.

You will need to write to the LAA with the name, certificate number if you have it and her date of birth and advise them why you consider that she should not be entitled to legal aid - they will then usually review the decision.

Happy to discuss

Please rate positively - thanks