How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 70519
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am due in court on the 25/08/2015 104mph in a 70mph dual

Customer Question

I am due in court on the 25/08/2015 for speeding 104mph in a 70mph dual carriage way, The resaon for this is
at the time I had left work early due to extreme pain in a catheter I had fitted, this started to bleed and link whilst on the Dual carriage way, my concern was to get home as soon as possible change the dressing rest and take my pain killers, I did see the camera, but my concern was on my health and to get home and quick and safely as possible, it was a clear day and traffic was flowing well. The catheter as been removed and I am awaiting surgery to rectify my condition. I do admit to the speed but it was due to an emergency situation. I wish to write to the prosecution and explain the situation, please advise.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
It is not a good idea.
I realise that this was a serious situation but it doesn't amount to a medical emergency. It is not a matter of immediate life or death which is what is required.
Also, the risk is that they will inform the DVLA who may revoke your licence. I have seen that happen on several occasions recently. People need to think very carefully before raising medical emergency because then the DVLA are informed and do quite often revoke licences for medical reasons.
In any event, there is no point in mitigating to CPS. They are not going to drop this case. You mitigate before the Court.
I'm not sure it would be a ban for 104 mph in a 70 mph zone.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
would you recommend that I simple plead Guilty with no mitigation?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
No, you can mitigate.
Just don't start raising medical reasons that might lead to revocation.
The usual points with very high speeds are things like shortness of distance travelled at speed, absence of heavy traffic, clarity of vision and clemency of weather.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is this £38 plus the £55 I only need your advice on this one case??
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
You would need to email customer services about your account as I am never involved in that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am currently at work what time can I can I contact you?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
You can post back here whenever you are free.
I'm happy to continue with this but please remember to rate my answer.