How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 70418
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I find out what sentence someone got and if they are

Customer Question

How can I find out what sentence someone got and if they are the person that I know?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The person sentenced is called ***** *****. His address was at hill cresent, Gayton, near kings lynn. He was sentenced according to court records in September 2014. The records do not say how old he is or what the sentence was.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
I'm not sure what you were hoping to do here?
If this person is not known to you and won't tell you then your old option is back numbers of the local paper at the local library in the hope that this was reported.
The Court and his solicitor will not give you information about his sentence or any other person information.
Sorry if that is bad news.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This person is known to me he is the father of my child. My concern is, that I know he was in court, or a man living in the same village with the same name and having connections in another village, for crimes against children. I have no personal contact with him, but am concerned about protecting my daughter who has special needs.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
That would not change the situation I'm afraid.
You can always ask him to agree. Shouldn't be a problem if you are in a relationship.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't think you read my response properly. I do not have contact with him. He is violent and I try to keep my wear abouts from him. Is there no organisation I can go to, to check if the person reported in the paper if the same person? I only really need the date of birth to confirm if its him. Would there be any public records or through the freedom of information act, I can check?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
No, for the reasons I explained.
You cannot get access to his antecedence as he cannot get access to yours.
A person's criminal record is private and cannot be checked by former partners or otherwise.