How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 10537
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My house was built 1960and stands on 2acres of land(rural

Customer Question

My house was built 1960and stands on 2acres of land(rural area beyond green belt) at the edge of Hamlet
When I moved here 27 yrs ago it was a chicken/quail farm with separate five bar gate and track to 5 sheds, only one stands with concrete where others stood. I have old photo's of sheds
Property has always been rated as residential
Any chance of building retirement bungalow on site
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. Most certainly, you can obtain planning permission for a retirement bungalow. One of the criteria the planners take into account is the needs of the person in a particular area. As you are now older, a retirement bungalow represents your reasonable needs. I would advise you to go to your local Planning Office and speak informally with the planner and see their attitude. In this way, you can prepare for an appropriate planning application. Issues such as where any waste effluent or septic tank will go, will be the principal concerns of the planners, given that you are in a rural agricultural setting. You can then employ an architect if there are particular planning concerns of interest to the planners. It is a great help that the property has always been rated as residential. Any new retirement bungalow will merely be part of this residential cluster.