How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Litigator
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 3665
Experience:  LLB, LPC, DELF
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a financial company, provides a digital recording of

Customer Question

If a financial company, provides a digital recording of phone calls, that have been, tampered with, with "faded indistinct voices" at important points, editing conversations; plus, not submitting some phone calls at all; what can you do, to stop them - prove what they have done?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
What you have described is fraud and should be reported to the police and the Financial Conduct Authority
If you wanted to prove what they have done for the purpose of creating admissible evidence in court, you would need to obtain the opinion of an expert sound engineer to show the recording had been tampered with. If you could do this you would potentially be able to use this in civil claim for losses and damages if you were trying to show for example that their advice induce you into buying financial products.
Kind regards