Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I had instructed credit card company to refund the monies to

Customer Question

I had instructed credit card company to refund the monies to the company where it originally came from as I was told since it is was a large amount namely 12k they can not send it my bank account.
I was assured was done and showed on my credit card statement.
Company did not receive the monies ie 12k.
today after contacting the bank I have been informed that bank is
tracing where the money has gone.
this has resulted in me loosing around 4.5k in having to close my stock market positions with the company.(Stock broking firm)
can I claim this losses
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Is this a personal account? Did you have to give the credit card company bank details? Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No as they said they already had the bank details of the sender.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.
So just to clarify - the bank sent the monies to the wrong account, as a result you could not executed your trade and therefore lost £4.5k in profit?
Did you give the instructions in writing?
Kind regards
AJ