How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 33009
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been assaulted by my neighbor on three separate occasions.

Customer Question

I have been assaulted by my neighbor on three separate occasions. The Police have cautioned him but have not taken any action. They suggested that I take out an injunction against him to stop him from approaching me again. Is this possible and is it costly?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Injunctions are court orders which usually tell a person that they are not allowed to do a certain act. If someone breaks an injunction the court can send him or her to prison. Injunctions may also have a 'power of arrest', which means that the police can arrest the person who breaks the injunction and take them to court. A solicitor would charge about £750 and could be done pretty much straight away