How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 32978
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just found out that my company has received a CCJ. I found

Customer Question

I just found out that my company has received a CCJ. I found out through companies sending me emails about "help". I phoned around and I now know the case number ***** Northampton county court. The CCJ was issued about a month ago without my knowledge. I got no paperwork or notification. I know the company who pursued this. They did some business with us where they ordered a product and services, paid a deposit and at the last minute cancelled the order leaving us with goods purchased and engineers booked to fly from Switzerland. They claimed that we misrepresented the product which was impossible to do. The client simply bought another product from someone else. Our terms and conditions where quoted in our official quote and the terms which are on our website clearly state that deposits are non refundable. We feel we have a case against their claim and want to appeal. Certainly we would have defended given an opportunity. Can you advise us on who can represent us?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
You need to make an application to the court to set aside the judgment - you can do this using a form N244 - you are looking for a good reputable local firm of solicitors then this can be done - remember to rate positively
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
I hope this helps. Please remember to rate positively.