How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9118
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex was violent and abused me last Sunday. He was

Customer Question

My ex was violent and abused me last Sunday.
He was pushing me, grabbed my throat while I was holding our son in my right hand.
He wanted to pull the baby out of my hands what caused my baby big pain. The baby was screaming and crying.
The police was involved.
My question is the follows: is he entitled to see our son in the future? Obviously, he dangered the baby's health. Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
I'm afraid it is very unlikely that you will be able to prevent contact. It would be assessed by the court and it might be supervised at first but it will be granted. The days when contact could be obstructed by making allegations of domestic abuse have gone I'm afraid. Calling the police no longer prevents father's access to their children. On the face of it anyway the allegation involved you rather than the baby. It would be considered but it is not likely to deter him. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo