How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9147
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There is a high court order, after 5 years in court, ordering indirect contact with my son

Customer Question

There is a high court order, after 5 years in court, ordering indirect contact with my son, and that he should be "made available to receive cards, gifts ect." however, as he is an alienated child he has taken on his mother's implacable hostility, and all cards ect. are shown to him and go into a box. This has been happening for 18 months. I would not say mother is actually able nor willing to make him available to receive cards nor messages.
Would it be possible/worthwhile to go back to court and ask for the order to be enforced - in a way in which he possibly received counselling/therapy to explore what has happened and become "perhaps" emotionally available to receive cards, letters, ect.?
He is 12 years old.
Best wishes,
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
how is the order in breach?
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your question and for asking for me.When was the Order made and what did the last Cafcass/Social Services report say about thisClare