Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

I have a member of staff who says he was in court on Wednesday 15th of July and on that da

Customer Question

I have a member of staff who says he was in court on Wednesday 15th of July and on that day I could not find him on the list of people that had to appear that day I don't need to know what happened to him, just if he did appear in court like he said
Thank you Brian
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
was he acting a defendant? do you know what type of case it was?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He was the defendant and he was arrested for pushing someone through a shop window so I would think criminal damage
Magistrates court lists are not published in advance (unlike Crown Court lists) however the list for the day hangs outside each court room in every Magistrates court and it's public, except youth cases which are not published. You can walk into any Magistrates court and watch cases from the public gallery (except youth cases).If he was the defendant he would normally be listed on the cause list at that court for that day. As an employer and this was his reason for the day off you can simply ask for a letter (which he should have) either from the court or his solicitor confirming this date.