How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 70517
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been caught with a in the car but haven't

Customer Question

I have been caught with a prostitute in the car but haven't done anything with her and I got caught by the police while she was in my car. The officer spoke to me and took my detail but they said that it was just a warning. But today I had a phone call from a police officer saying to meet her at a police station point, I got there and they said I would get a caution for this and they want me to have a 8 minute interview and also take finger print sample. I have never been in trouble with the police. What can I do to avoid the caution and the court?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Do you deny the offence?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I admitted the offence verbally.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
And i just been interviewed and they recorded me on tape admitting it.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
I'm not sure on what basis you were hoping to avoid action then?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there anything I can do now?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Not if you have admitted it.
There are courses that they use sometimes by the right time to negotiate that would have been before rather than after admitting the offence.
Not all police areas do use the course diversion anyway.
I would take the caution. If you are charged then you would be convicted at court.
Sorry but I can only give you truthful information.
Can I clarify anything for you?