How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9118
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm very worried would appreciate any advice. My on off

Customer Question

Hi I'm very worried would appreciate any advice.
My on off boyfriend suddenly upped and left his job and where he was living to another county where I am to try to repair our volatile relationship.
As pleased as I was I was not happy to let him move in, my children had seen me stressed enough. I wanted him to prove what he'd said, get a job and just see how things worked out without the former miles between us.
He literally had nothing. He had a very good relationship with my mother who was showing signs of dementia and I was grateful of his help and she was happy for him to stay. He needed a.postal address to get work and a doctor. I thought it best to let him use mine and didn't think anything of it. He returned to his home county to see his children most weekends, staying with friends. In time he did get work but only agency. I wanted him to have permanent work as I was in receipt of widowed parents benefit, tax credit and housing benefit, and it was not viable for me to lose that if he wasn't in secure employment.
My mum worsened and sadly had to go into a home and her flat sold. He stayed there till it was sold and was also by then staying with me a couple of days a week. Then if he wasn't seeing his children he stayed at friends. It had been a difficult year and we broke up a few times. This year has been much better and when he got a permanent job I decided to give it a go and the children had come round to the idea.
I told all benefits he was moving in and when. Now I'm being investigated because he's showing up as being at this address since 2013.
I can't prove otherwise. He paid no rent or bills was just helped out by family and friends. My statements show no financial connection and all bills here paid by myself.
I think they don't believe me, will I go to prison?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Which benefits do you get?