How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 70526
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a case and during the investigation the polic

Customer Question

I had a case for instance and during the investigation the police officer change the criminal case in conduct case and after that he close the case without he informed me.He wait few months and after that he tell me the verdict on the phone without he sent me a letter about the results he doesn't live me to make a rewieu he doesn't sent my case in CPS.
Please, what must to do and what mind that?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Good evening,
My name is***** and I live in Coulsdon with my mother and my daughter 13 years old.
Last year in October IAPT Croydon made a complaint against my ex husband about abuse and pedophilia because they consider we are not safe with him.
In 3 October my ex husband was put in bail and in the same day two police officers came at home were I made an allegation and they took two laptops and 2 tablets.
DS Hector investigate my case. I want to make an complaint against this DS Hector because I don't know what it is more important my case or what DS Hector make with as.He broken all the Policy and Procedures, Code of Procedure, Victims Rights, Data Protection, Equality Act, Discrimination Act and all the rules of Human Rights.
1 . DS Hector didn't get me any updates during the investigation. He bruk Victims Rights,and Code of Practice.
2.DS Hector didn't get me any Crime Reference Numbers the same Victims Rights, and Code of Practice
3.The DS HECTOR take decision for me and he make me an appointment at hospital without he inform my GP and he proved what any machine don't can to prouve in this world.My GP sent for him a letter and he explained for him anybody don't can to prouve and today any machine don't can to prouve if my fingers was brought two years ago. DS Hector prouve that my fingers wasn't bruk and the Doctor don't touched me only he looked at my fingers for 3 second. He abused me he humiliated me when I know ,my daughter, my mum and my ex-husband speak with our Marriage Counselor and we know how my ex-husband broken my fingers and he tell me that don't happened.
DS Hector use his powers and he use my vulnerability and he was sure I don't know the rules ,Policy and Procedures in this country and he can make everything with our lifes. How many rules he brought : powers abuse, vulnerable people, dignity and privacy, Discrimination, Equality, and when DS Hector protect the defendant and he sarches prouve against victims that is Victims Rights again Discrimination again Equality Act again Code of Practice.
4.DS Hector didn't get any updates about what he expects to happen with our case. Victims Rights and Code of Practice and Policy and procedure
5.DS Hector didn't tell me with 5 days before the result investigation is finished he take my right to make a review when he call me (I think they been recorded that )he speak with my daugther and he repeat many times for her you don't can to do anything against it. DS Hector broke Victims Rights, Code of Procedure, Human Rights
6.DS Hector he didn't get the Unic Reference Number for my case and he didn't sent my case to court. T.Pates the London VRR and Complaints Crown Prosecution Services he wants to help me but I have a prouve his email address to me My CASE DON'T WAS SENT TO COURT THEY DON'T TAKE THIS DECISION. DS Hector broke Victims Rights, Policy and Procedures, Human Rights Discrimination, Equality Act and all the rules of the Human Rights and Policy and Procedures
7.DSHector returned the 2 tablets and 2 laptops to my ex-husband but they collect these from my house all the time DS Hector make decisions for me without he ask me and today all my electronics are at my ex husband and I had 1000 picture and many prouve against my ex husband and I have all my personal information or bank account. DS Hector broke all Data Protection say Don't display the personal information with third party. Maybe this DS Hector look at me and he thinks I am a beast woman or I am blind woman I don't know why he make all this thinks why he Humiliated me, why he protect him, maybe he have material benefit or sexual benefits but if I don't know in this country must to pay for your right or must to make prostitute with the officer of police here isn't the same rules like in Unions European why an officer of police who must to protect the inocent people he blaime and acuse and take a wrong decision against an inocent people? WHY one officer of POLICE protect the criminal and acuse the children and the victims. I don't feel safe anyone can do with me everything and the Police and the police don't take any action.
8.DS Hector didn't put as (me my mam ) to complete VPS is our rights and this helps us to CPS but he didn't sent my case to court and he decided for us he or we don't need a VPS. Is my right sir to decide what must to do with my life anybody don't can to make things for me without he ask me before that.I feel Humiliated, Frustrated,Used, Abused, Discriminated,I feel like the DS Hector put the first in our mouths and we must to accept all the DS Hector decided with as.
9.DS Hector after 6 months of investigation he tell me about abuse :he needs 6 months to put one abuse case in to court and this time passed and my ex-husband is innocent . Namely DS Hector he want to tell me what happened with me my daugther and my mum in the last 3 years don't happened and he refused all my evidence or prouve that I want to give him for my case he refu
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is a detective / police officer allowed to change the case from a criminal to a conduct case then close it early and let the victim know of this after 3 months, and blame it without making any investigations?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
For me it is clear that this detective that he broke all victim rights. What can I do against this detective?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Blame it on someone else *
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
There is no reason a decision of that nature cannot be made. There are authorities that say they have to consider every complaint but they don't have to launch a full scale investigation.
Having considered the complaint though a police officer can make a decision to take no further action without CPS advice depending on the nature of the allegation.
He should inform you of that decision but a phone call is perfectly fine. It doesn't need to be in writing.
If this is an allegation of sexual abuse though then the decision would have been taken by CPS rather than the officer and they are perfectly free to decide there is no case to answer.
I would never advise a complaint against the police. They do sometimes take revenge if people do that. From what you say there seems to be a question mark over the allegation and you don't want to end up charged with offences against public justice.
Sorry but I can only give you truthful information.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The case is not about secular abuse, it is about paedophilia. The detective found lots of evidence against him for this case but did not accept any statements from myself, my mother or my daughter and he closed the case 3 months before he told me and was never updated me on anything and I only found out of this through the IPCC recently. Is this legal and can I do anything against this detective ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also is it legal for a detective, knowing that it takes 6 months to put an abuse case in court, to not take any evidence or statements from witnesses and victims when the defendant abused 3 people?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
And after 6 months to say that he cannot do anything because the time expired, while he has done nothingoing about the abuse case during those 6 months.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Taking all this into consideration, do you think I will be able to reopen the case and what are my chances of succeeding in court ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
According to law, all defendants are suspects. After the investigation in which the detective considered to change the case from criminal to conduct, if they didn't find anything, shouldn't they have said that the suspect hasn't done anything and that there is no evidence therefore they are closing it before changing it to a conduct case ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
I'm not sure what you mean by a conduct case.
All they have to do is offer no evidence.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Conduct case as in a civil case. I didn't know they did this until I made a complaint to the IPCC
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They don't tell me, don't call or don'the send me a letter.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Conduct probably refers to a family matter then. The police haven't started that. They have no authority to do that
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What happens if they did start on theach family matter ? What can I do?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, but I believe something is wrong with my investigation. Is very simple :One institutions made an allegations behind me about abuse and pedophiles. DS Hector refused any evidence, any steatment, any update he changed the case (but he showed me 50 pages with sex with childrens) he closed the case in November without we know something, he wait another 4months and he give as the result without he live as to make an rewieu he give to the defendant my electronics (for delete many prouve ,my laptops and my tables personal )it is and today at him.
What can I do to reopen this case and
how can to prouve the police officer is corupt. Because I am sure about that.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
I'm really sorry but that doesn't anount to corruption. At the highest point it might be incompetence maybe.
I imagine the electrical items were returned because he claims they belong to him.
The fact a decision has been made that is adverse to you doesn't make this improper I'm afraid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, police officer must asked me before he take decision against me?
Who protect the defendant without benefits?
DS Hector funded evidence against victims (my GP send him a letter to inform him that :any machine don't can to prouve if my fingers was brought but him funded one Doctor wichi prouve just in 2secunde nothing don't happen )he made this decision against an specialist.
And DS Hector Blaim the victim .I made a complaint against defendant and my daughter is quilty without any evidence but my daughter had 10 years when this start. He put the fist in our mouth .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please give me an advice,how can regain dignity for me and my family, and how can to reopen the case
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why,police take revenge? The Law is Law for everyone:Prime Minister, Police or normal people. If we all of as work in Police who respect the Law?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't know but I wait an answer like :
in accordance with the Law number xxx art. number xxx you can do that:
Your rights there are :art X ...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know someone how help the defend to delete some things from CRB last year's before he was arrested
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
No, the crown don't have to ask before they take a decision that the evidence has inconsistencies.
I'm really sorry but I cannot see any grounds to complain. You have made an allegation which has been investigated and sadly the evidence was insufficient. That isn't the officers fault.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The officer refused evidence when I offered it to him and didn't call us for any statements. He was looking evidence against my daughter .
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
I imagine that it is because he is saying the evidence you were offering is not relevant.
they are under a duty to investigate all avenues including those that point away from the suspect and the actual allegation that was made.
If it appears to an officer that an allegation lacks merit then he is free to investigate that.
I'm very sorry.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He didn't look at the evidence I offered he just refused it. Can a criminal kill someone, let's say, and can get away with it just because the officer didn't take evidence and decided to investigate on his own? I just need to know what I can do to reopen the case.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also may I ask what country you are in?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
I'm in the UK.
I am really sorry but if there has been a formal NFA then it cannot be reopened.
Had there been a decision by the reviewing lawyer then there could have been a victim's review although it would have been a waste of time as they almost never over turn them.
if it is a decision by an officer though then that doesn't apply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What does NFA stand for ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
No further action.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is the officer legally allowed to take decisions on his own without contacting the victim and letting the victim know of this decision? He didn't tell me I could have a victims review.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you consider that the victims rights were broken? The right to know when the case changes or closes, when it's sent to cps, to have my property back, etc.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
That is because you can't if it was not a decision of CPS.
There is no reason he cannot make a decision in law. It is not policy to do so and probably he has not made it completely alone.
I would really seriously leave this alone. From what you have said they did not find your allegation to have merit and you don't want to end up charged with perverting or given a wasting police time fine.
I'm really sorry but I cannot see any grounds to complain. You have made an allegation which has been investigated and sadly the evidence was insufficient. That isn't the officers fault.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Even my daughter's support workers knew that it was a criminal case. We didn't know it was changed. The police didn't tell anyone of thsee changes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can to prove that my case don't was sent to CPS (T. Pates CPS London VRR comisioner)confirm for me that in email.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
I'm not really sure I can add anything to what I have said and I am worried about wasting your time by repeating myself.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Mrs I'm really sorry because I bother you but only I try to find a solution and an explanation for my case I have a training at work every day and they tell me that; if I put an table in front of resident it is an abuse deprivation of liberty and for someone who abuse as 2 years in the worst ways the Law protect they
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many Thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
No problem.
All the best.