Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I agreed an electricity contract over the phone business then was offered cheaper

Customer Question

I agreed an electricity contract over the phone for my business then was offered cheaper by another suppliers. I emailed the original supplier stating that I'd changed my mind. They've called and said that there isn't any cooling off for business to business and the agreement stands? Does it??
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
I am afraid that is correct the cooling off period does not apply to business to business contracts. However what type of business are you? Are you a limited company? Is large or small? Did the contract have a fixed term?
Kind regards
AJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am a ltd. company.. The term was ending in dec 2015. I called and agreed a renewal for 2x years..
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.
Have they proposed a charge for early termination?
Does the contract contain any notice period?
Kind regards
AJ