How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 33007
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want the paternal grandmother of my two British children

Customer Question

Hi i want the paternal grandmother of my two British children age 5 and 6 to return them back to the UK .she has refused to return them from a holiday.They have been in a non Hague Convention country in Africa.The foreign commonwealth office state I need to make them wards of court in order to enforce their return.I fear for their well being .last time I spoke to the grandmother on the phone she said if I come to the country she will not release my children to me.i am not married to the father,I have always been a single parent
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
The Foreign Office is correct. You should as a matter of urgency instruct solicitors and make an urgent application to the court for the children to be returned to your care. These things are not straight forward. The high court has the power to make a child a ward of the court and this can assist in the process of returning your children. You should also ask the Foreign Office to speak with the embassy for the country the child has been abducted to.