How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 13325
Experience:  30 years experience in business law and related topics such as employment law
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We moved from a rented property last october and the movers

Customer Question

We moved from a rented property last october and the movers ripped the kitchen flooring. they acknowledged this. The letting agent deducted about £300 for the replacement. we have been in contect many times with the movers, initially they said that they would pass it to their insureres, but now they have stopped replying to our emails. What can i do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. the movers are clearly liable but if they fail to respond your only recourse is to bring a small claim. You could do this through money claimonline see here
I do not know if this is an established company but if not it may be difficult to recover.
I would write once and say if they do not pay you will sue and then issue a small claim
there is not much else you can do other than go round to their premises and hassle them to deal with it.