How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 32979
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've been estranged from my mum last 4 years since

Customer Question

I've been estranged from my mum for the last 4 years since she kicked me out of the family home. I'm due to give birth next week and she has threatened to be at the hospital even thou I have repeatedly told her I do not want her there, she claims she has a legal right to be as the hospital and to be part of my sons life under the grandparents law? Is this correct?
Kind regards
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate once you get my answer.
If you do not want her at the hospital then she is not entitled to be there. There is no such grandparent law, she is making that up. She has no legal right to be there and/or part of your sons life. She can make an application under the Children Act for a Child Arrangement Order (contact) but she would need the permission of the court to make such an application and you could oppose that application.