How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9142
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son-in-law was cycling on the Sea to Sea Cycle Route near

Customer Question

My son-in-law was cycling on the Sea to Sea Cycle Route near Chester-le-Street a week ago when he hit a dog running free and out of control though accompanied by its owner. This has resulted in serious injuries (broken collarbone and arm in sling for six weeks), much pain, damage to cycle and loss of overtime earnings. Insofar as it may be a determining factor, it seems virtually certain that the cycle way is a public highway; it seems to have been dedicated as such by Sustrans whom I presume to be the landowner, and to have been accepted and used by the public for many years. The dog has survived. Do you think that this incident would be actionable? Thank you in advance.
Ian Borthwick (***@******.*** )
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Actionable against whom?