Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My son-in-law was cycling on the Sea to Sea Cycle Route near

Customer Question

My son-in-law was cycling on the Sea to Sea Cycle Route near Chester-le-Street a week ago when he hit a dog running free and out of control though accompanied by its owner. This has resulted in serious injuries (broken collarbone and arm in sling for six weeks), much pain, damage to cycle and loss of overtime earnings. Insofar as it may be a determining factor, it seems virtually certain that the cycle way is a public highway; it seems to have been dedicated as such by Sustrans whom I presume to be the landowner, and to have been accepted and used by the public for many years. The dog has survived. Do you think that this incident would be actionable? Thank you in advance.
Ian Borthwick (***@******.*** )
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Actionable against whom?