UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

How do you set up a corporation where the director's name is…

Customer Question
How do you set up...
How do you set up a corporation where the director's name is ***** *****? Is this possible? If so... how? If not... is there, at least a way to keep the director's middle name private (or is this required by law, should the director have a middle name?)
Thanks for any advice offered
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 5 days by:
7/12/2015
Solicitor: Alex J., Litigator replied 3 years ago
Alex J.
Alex J., Litigator
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
You cannot exclude this information from your directorship under English Law - you would have to incorporate the company in a country where the register of directors is not public (for example the BVI).
The alternative is, if you are the shareholder of the company, you could just appoint nominee directors (e.g an accountant) - but you have to have at least one natural person (i.e not another limited company) as the director (you can appoint companies as directors otherwise). As a shareholder you would effectively control the company anyway, and could do so through shareholder resolutions.
If you do not appoint yourself as a director on the register of directors at Companies House, but still maintain control over the directors, you could deemed a shadow director S251 of the Companies Act 2006 - this is not technically the correct way to act as a director, you will likely be sanctioned if the company ever went insolvent.
Can you give me any further information? Will the company trade?
Kind regards
AJ