Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

An interim charge on my property judgement amount obtained in Northampton was disput

Customer Question

an interim charge on my property for a judgement amount obtained in Northampton was disputed by myself. A final charge taking into consideration the original judgement order, monies paid and interest disallowed was ruled on by my local county court judge in the presence of the judgement creditor. The lesser amount calculated and reached at the county court was then given by a final charge on my property. This amount has now been paid by my self, however the judgement creditor is referring back to the original judgement and claiming the county court judge, who is an expert costing judge added the payments made by myself wrongly resulting in an amount still owing on the original judgement. This claim is being made by the judgement creditor two years after the final charging order was sealed. What is my position.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate once you get my answer.
From what you have stated it rather appears that the costs judge has dealt with the matter in your favour and you should be referring the Land Registry back to that order. It is really for the claimant to seek to appeal that judgment out of time. You should advise the claimant this and threaten if necessary to take the matter back to court for resolution and put them at a risk for the cost of that application.