How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 34236
Experience:  family solictor with 25 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

HiMy boyfriend is from Demark and we wish to get married

Customer Question

My boyfriend is from Demark and we wish to get married here in Kenya. I am Kenyan
But the problem is that his divorce decree is lost and he tried getting another one which he was told would take 2 to 3 months yet we wanted to marry this end month.
Is there any other document that can be used where the divorce decree is not available ?
Kindly advice.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
It is bad news I am afraid,
There is no other document that is acceptable - it is the Decree Absolute or nothing.\
However should not take that long to get a replacement
Details here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So how long should that take?
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
If he arranges for a friend or family member to collect it in Denmark he could have it within a week