Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

As above I was arrested and released the next morning with

Customer Question

Hi, as above I was arrested and released the next morning with an on the spot fine of £80 for disorderly behaviour or use of insulting abusive words over 6 years ago. My employer are now doing an enhanced DBS check. Is it likely to be included? I know protected cautions get filtered now after 6 years but I'm not sure about fixed penalty notices.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
It is possible that it could be included. It depends on two factors. Firstly whether it was recorded properly. They do not always sadly. Secondly, even if it was whether it is deemed relevant. This is non conviction information so only disclosed if deemed relevant.
If this is disorderly behaviour then unless you are working with vulnerable people it is not likely to be considered relevant.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Jo.A quick question. Is this a criminal offence?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
It is capable of being a criminal offence but if you got a fixed penalty fine then this particular one is not.