Alex J.
Alex J., Litigator
Experience:  LLB, LPC, DELF
13113900

I don't have a written contract with my architect, he walked

Customer Question

I don't have a written contract with my architect, he walked off the job 2 months ago and now has sent me a bill for his incomplete services - am I obliged to pay him?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Hi thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. You are obliged to pay for the work he has actually done in accordance with your contract. If he is in breach of contract (for example he has not acted with care and skill in accordance with the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982) you may have your own claim against him for the losses you have suffered. To be clear you do not have to pay for work he has not done. I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards AJ