UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

My son has just moved into a flat near wallinton,he had

Customer Question
Hi my son has just...
Hi my son has just moved into a flat near wallinton,he had aleak in his toilet last night and in panic called a plumber, who advised a £120 call out and £180 per half hour, after a phone conversation he found the stop cock in and the situation was defused, he contacted the plumbers within 5 minutes to cancel they advised the cancelation fee was £140as they used bullying tactics he buckled ,but their call out would be 30-90 minutes they arrived after 3 hours , I advised him to turn them away as the job has been done by somebody else because they had not come on time, what cost is he liable for , we have since found that this plumber has court orders against him to the value of £16000
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/28/2015
Solicitor: Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate replied 3 years ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Unless the plumber set out the full terms of the contract and the charges during the original conversation then your son should not be liable for any sum. The job was cancelled in good time and the plumber would not have experienced any loss.
Please remember to rate the answer